Join: Constitution Celebration!
September 17 will mark the 233 anniversary of the signing of the US Constitution. Sign up below for one or both of the celebration programs being offered.
Article V Caucus Invites You:
by Stuart MacPhail – September, 2020
In the US, Thursday, September 17 is Constitution Day (also known as Citizenship Day), celebrating the day in 1787 when the US Constitution was formally signed in Philadelphia by 39 delegates to the Constitutional Convention, leading to it becoming America’s principle governing document.
In honor of that special day, the State Legislators’ Article V Caucus will be hosting a free one-hour online presentation entitled “Restoring the American Voice” beginning at 8 PM (Eastern Time). The informative event will focus on how, in a time when Americans are increasingly frustrated with government, state legislators are meant to be the guardian of that American voice. To register and receive sign-in info, click HERE.
Constituting America: LIVE Constitution Day VIRTUAL Program!
We’re planning a full day of 25-minute workshops, starting at 10:45AM Eastern, to celebrate the U.S. Constitution and help students learn how the Constitution applies to their individual strengths and interests! Constituting America’s co-Presidents Janine Turner and Cathy Gillespie will moderate each session, each of which will feature our fabulous We the Future Contest winners, who are students just like you! Drop in based on your interest, or stay all day!
ALL TIMES IN EASTERN.
Our Workshops – All Led & Moderated by Constituting America Founder & Co-President Actress Janine Turner & Co-President Cathy Gillespie
- 10:45 AM – Opening & Introduction
- 11:00 AM – LIVE Reading of the U.S. Constitution
- Join us as Janine Turner and Cathy and National Youth Board members Tova Love Kaplan and Dakare Chatman read the Constitution LIVE!
- 11:45 AM – The Constitution & Crafts Workshop
- Constituting America’s Elementary School Poetry and Artwork contest winners work with students to create artwork and poetry about the Constitution! Bring your pencil, paper, and art supplies!
- 12:15 PM – The Constitution & Cinema Workshop
- Constituting America’s Middle School, High School, and College PSA and Short Film winners work with students to create storyboards and plan ideas to create their own PSAs and short films. Bring your pencil and paper to create your own storyboard!
- 12:45 PM – The Constitution & Science Workshop
- Constituting America’s Middle School and High School STEM winners teach kids how to create a template for building an app or website. Use your computer, phone, or tablet to follow along!
- 1:15 PM – The Constitution & Citizenship Workshop
- Join us as former Turner Maurice Gauntt, Jr. Exemplary Citizenship Award winners talk about how to win the scholarship and the amazing opportunities it provides!
- 1:45 PM – The Constitution & the First Amendment Workshop
- Janine Turner teaches students how to write a petition and use their unalienable rights protected by the Constitution!
- 2:15 PM – The Constitution & Communication Workshop
- Constituting America’s Middle School, High School, and College Essay and Speech winners teach kids how to create an outline and plan out tips to deliver strong arguments in their own essays and speeches! Bring paper and a writing utensil to get started planning your winning communications!
- 2:45 PM – The Constitution & How to Have a Civil Civic Conversation Workshop
- Constituting America’s contest winners teach how to have a Civil Civic Conversation in our divided country!
- 3:15 PM – The Constitution & Concert Workshop
- Constituting America’s Middle School and High School Song winners teach how to write lyrics and music! Bring paper and pencil to get started on your drafts!
Stay tuned for more news on our special VIRTUAL presentation in celebration of the 233rd anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution! Perfect for your classroom – remote or live – for Constitution Day!