by Gary Bauer 9/12/2018
In a recent report, I noted that nearly 60% of Americans fear violence from the left. Some recent headlines, largely ignored by the so-called “mainstream media,” demonstrate why this is a valid concern. For example:
- Last week, a Republican Party office in Wyoming was firebombed just two days after it opened.
- Over the weekend, a rabid Trump-hater attempted to stab a California Republican congressional candidate.
- Last night, a Democrat Socialist threatened to assassinate conservatives at the Trump Hotel in Washington, D.C. He tweeted, “I’m coming with a gun and I expect to get numerous bloodstained MAGA hats as trophies.”
- Conservative commentator Denise McAllister has gone into hiding after receiving death threats and rape threats over a pro-life tweet.
- The office of Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) has been inundated with hateful emails, letters and voicemails in opposition to Brett Kavanaugh. Three thousand coat hangers have been sent to her office. One person called and told a female staffer that “he hoped she would be raped and impregnated.”
It is worth noting that the Twitter threat of a mass shooting at the Trump Hotel came on the same day that MSNBC host Joe Scarborough published an opinion piece in the Washington Post suggesting that Donald Trump was a greater threat to America than Al Qaeda.
The hysteria and constant incitement on the left is creating a very dangerous and undemocratic atmosphere in America. Of course, no one knows this better than Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA), who was shot and almost killed by a deranged Bernie Sanders supporter.
Today, Scalise called on liberals to condemn the left’s political violence, saying, “There’s no place for it. . . That’s not what American ideals are about.”