by Gary L. Bauer Oct 24, 2016
Donald Trump is getting clobbered by Democrats, the media and some in the GOP establishment for saying that Washington is corrupt and that the system is rigged. For that, Trump is being accused of “undermining our democracy.” But when did Ronald Reagan’s party, the party of smaller government, stop running against Washington, D.C.?
If you need more evidence of the corruption in Washington, let me walk you through this report from the Wall Street Journal.
Governor Terry McAuliffe of Virginia is a close confidant of Hillary Clinton. McAuliffe was a top fundraiser for the Clinton/Gore campaign and became a chairman of the Democrat National Committee.
Earlier this year, he tried to restore voting rights to more than 200,000 convicted felons in order to boost Hillary’s chances of winning Virginia. Not even Tim Kaine thought he had that kind of power, and the state Supreme Court declared McAuliffe’s unilateral action unconstitutional.
But that hasn’t stopped McAuliffe from doing everything and anything he can to help out Hillary.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Terry McAuliffe directed approximately $675,000 to the 2015 state Senate campaign of Dr. Jill McCabe. Dr. McCabe’s husband, Andy, just happened to be the director of the FBI’s Washington, D.C., field office, which was assisting with the investigation into Hillary’s private email server.
Dr. McCabe declared her candidacy for office in the same month that Hillary’s private email server was exposed. McAuliffe started steering the big bucks to Dr. McCabe’s campaign two months after the FBI’s investigation of Hillary Clinton began.
Dr. McCabe’s campaign was unsuccessful, but her husband’s career has flourished. He has been promoted — twice — while the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s server was ongoing. He is now the deputy director of the FBI.
So a very close friend of Hillary Clinton’s is directing hundreds of thousands of dollars to the campaign of the wife of one of the top FBI officials with intimate knowledge of Hillary’s investigation. But wait . . . There’s more.
Terry McAuliffe also happens to be under investigation by the FBI’s Washington, D.C., field office. I think I can safely predict how that investigation will turn out.
The FBI insists that Andrew McCabe did nothing wrong. He reportedly went to great lengths to avoid any involvement in his wife’s campaign. But that’s not enough. He should have avoided any involvement in the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of our national security secrets.
And Washington elites wonder why so many Americans think the system is rigged!
Contract With The American Voter
Donald Trump traveled to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, this weekend to outline the agenda for his first 100 days in office. Trump called it his “Contract With The American Voter.” It is an incredible series of major reforms and initiatives.
Trump vowed to tackle corruption by advocating the following measures:
- A constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
- A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)
- Eliminate two existing regulations for every new one
- A five year-ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
- A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of foreign governments; and
- A ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
Trump also called for new protections for American workers. He promised to:
- Renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
- Withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Label China a currency manipulator
- Identify and end all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers
- Lift the restrictions on the production of American energy reserves
- Lift the roadblocks on infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline
- Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.
Trump also promised immediate action to restore security and the rule of law. He vowed to:
- Cancel every unconstitutional executive action issued by President Obama
- Select a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on his list
- Cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities
- Begin to remove more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants
- Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur.
Reducing red tape.
Ending Washington’s revolving door.
Respect for the Constitution and the rule of law.
Common-sense immigration reform that puts our security first.
That is an agenda that should excite conservative voters and unite Republicans! That is an agenda to make America great again. And it is a stark contrast compared to the radical left-wing policies we know Hillary Clinton will impose on America.